Sunday, August 3, 2008

Recap: First Friday's | Whiskey Park


I hadn't been to Whiskey Park (64 Arlington Ave) in a hot minute so I was excited to check it out. I was in a good mood because I didn't have to pay for parking and was there early enough to avoid waiting in line.

At the bar I ordered my regular and it set me back $12. Their signature drinks run around $14. The bartender rushed us a bit, which was particularly annoying since there wasn't really anyone in there yet and my drink tasted watered down. No cool points for you!

*Fab! Girl Tip: Try out the bar in the second room as they seem to make a stronger drink.

Photo: BostonFab!, Fab! Fan Nicole, Fab! CFO Erika, BostonFab! Photographer Deniece and Fab! Friend Leah

All the tables said that they were reserved, but we sat down anyways. I mean how are you gonna have a room full of couches and then say all of them are reserved. Pah-lease. There is even a smaller room in the back that could certainly be used as VIP. Whatevs...

If you've never been to Whiskey Park before, the place, for me oozes sexy with dark brown plush couches and the circular shape of the room so you can keep an eye on that cutie, and the amber lighting really make you feel like you are in this ultra swanky place. Now, don't get it twisted the place is small, but I think the ambiance makes up for it.

Photo: The Crowd starting to settle in

As I got comfortable the crowd slowly started pouring in. And were they lookin' good?? Yes! Most of the gals were in dresses, guys for the most part dressed in nice slacks and collard shirts. It was nice to see people take the dress code seriously. But the women outnumbered the guys by a landslide.

Photo: The grown crowd - I see you Stephen!

DJ Sensae played an eclectic mix of songs....from R&B to Techno to Merengue, but just a smidgen of the latter so people didn't get too upset when the techno came on. He did, however cut some of the songs a bit too short, which caused my dancing to be a bit jarred.

Speaking of dancing, one of the problems with being in Whiskey Park in the ultra swanky sexy setting, is that people don't really dance. I mean, I get it, you look good and you want to catch those "flashing lights" for your Facebook profile, but still...a little more dancing couldn't hurt. Although I do have to note that people were movin' to the in the "dance floor" area near the bar. (I put that in quotes because it so daggone small!)

By around 11:45 the place was packed with people and it seemed like everyone, including myself was having a good time. Some of our fav party goers even stopped by. J. Francois came out to show his support. As did the man-of-many-trades and THE Boston Socialite (I'm jus tryin' to be like you, man) Chip Greenridge. If you don't know THIS cat. I dunno where you've been :)

Photo: Fab! CFO Erika, J. Francois, BostonFab!, BostonFab! Photographer Deniece

Photo: Boston Socialite and Community Activist Chip Greenridge, BostonFab! Photographer Deniece, BostonFab!

This party was def. the place to be for ultra swanky, ultra sexy, ultra grown. I give it a solid A as it was a solid good time. Thanks Upper Echelon, the A-List and First Fridays United.

Stay Fab! :)