Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mini Recap: The Un* Party at The Good Life

I made it out to The Good Life (28 Kingston St) for Alysia's Un* Party at around 12 a.m. The bouncers hardly checked our ID's as we entered the establishment and headed downstairs. As we were heading down my nose was hit with this powerful sceptic tank odor. I dunno what the issue was or what was "backed up" but it was n-a-s-t-y. Tryin' to ignore the smell and get to the party I met up with my fab! friends and by the looks on their faces they were none-too-happy with my Friday night selection.

Directly in front of them were two dudes and a gal battling one another in a circle. Now that's all fine and well when you are in an area that gives you enough space to do so...but uh- in case you didn't notice, The Good Life is a hot boxed basement. There's hardly enough room to turn around let alone have a battling contest?

The Young Ones trying to get it in...

So as the young ones continued their reign I tried to do my best to get into the groove. The DJ of The Bladerunners - was not a mixed tape - though I almost wish it would have been. Some his selections were...Nelly's "Country Grammar", New Kids on the Block "Hanging Tough", 50 Cent's "Up in the Club", need I say more??

And as far as the crowd they were quite young age ranging around 22. I was surprised any of them even knew the lyrics to the songs the DJ was playing, though I do think I saw a confused look or two. There wasn't a dress code so it was certainly a come-as-you-are party which for some was a welcoming atmosphere to wear you kicks or a tube top in jeans. But for the most part the host and people seemed to get into as best they could. As for me and my crew we called it a wrap a 1:30.

It was free so I can't really be mad since I got back exactly what I put in. This was a great concept, but I can't really say that it delivered. Sorry Alysia, gotta give this party a C.