Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Recap: Prestige | Club Venu


If you didn't know about the Prestige party I don't know where you'd been!! E-mail, after e-mail, updates, text messages...dag! I was surprised I didn't get loud speaker announcement when I arrived at the parking garage at work. DAG y'all can we say OVER ADVERTISING.

Yo - K. Pritty and J. Francois...we're comin'. :)

Photo: Already starting to get packed.

But, I guess it worked because by the time I arrived at 10:45 p.m. there was already a line around the block. Man-oh-man was I glad that I bought my tickets before hand 'cuz for those who didn't it cost them $30 a pop. OUCH!!

Photo: Deniece and Boston Fab! doining our Fab! thing

Once inside the crowd was sparse, but then again, Venu always likes to keep them waiting. The club itself is pretty nice, with a dark room and a light room, plenty of couches for the VIP's, but the management I could do without. They are the typical rude herders, that make ya mad by the end of the night like you should be thanking them for even allowing you to be in their establishment. Pah-lease.

Anyways so I headed to the bar and it was pricey! I forgot their drinks run around $12 a pop. Me and my girl Deniece tried to get the advertised Roq Candy, but I guess they were only serving it at one bar, and we never found out which one. I saw like one person with the rock candy on the stick. But I wasn't too disappointed because I am not a fan of Hypnotq, but still...can't stand false advertising. And no, I did not see a fashion show, yet again. I wish they would quit advertising that there will be a show when there is never any time for one. Just have people wear the clothes and walk around. It's much easier that way.

Photo: My girl and Boston Fab! Fan, Chanelle

Anyways... The Hypnotq girls did give some people these cool lights, which I am not sure what I am going to do with, but whatev. Though, they did come in handy if you wanted to check out a cutie more closely. It was so dark in there! I walked by people to "dap up" and they acted like they didn't know a sistah - ahem - R.O.B. - At first I was kinda offended, but then again I'm sure I missed a few people myself. Consider this my public apology.

As for the music, um...my new fav DJ Backspin ..has lost his title - just from me, though. He did the typical "Where my ladies at..." and his set was good, but too "commercial" for my taste, I know, I'm picky. But as for the other patrons, they were having a good time dancing and sweating. The ladies certainly ran the floor, though it is rare that they don't *sigh. The dance floor got packed QUICK!, making the temperature rise just as fast. I dunno if the air conditioning wasn't working or if there were just so many daggone people, but yeah, I was literally gasping for air at some points.

In Room 2, DJ Massive was doin' his thing, but unfortunately nobody stayed over there except to cool off from Room 1. I am not exactly sure what was going on...he had some equipment issues at a couple of points, and though the songs were good, it just never amounted to anything that made people want to be in there as opposed to Room 1.

Photo: Room 2 kinda empty....

Round 1 goes to DJ Backspin :)

At 11:45, The door was still crazy and, my friend, who had pre-bought tickets, left because the pre-paid line was too long. I told her to get there early!! I'm sure she wasn't the only one so for those of you who paid, but didn't get in - ooooh sorry! Party foul!

One key ingredient that was missing from this party was the presence of K. Pritty and J. Francois. Don't get me wrong, I was glad they were on their game and were some hustlin' mo' fo's, but I know that people missed their time to shine with them and chit chat.

The Photographer, Daniel, was on his game though and caught some interesting candids.

Photo: Promoters K. Pritty and J. Francois sandwich Ms. Deniece

The ladies were def, on their game. Guys. Don't ever say that J and Pritty don't bring out the ladies because they do! You can find a wifey, a boo, a grind-for-one-night. They were all there! Lookin' good ladies! And they really stuck with the upscale...classy... okay well...kinda...depends on how you define classy ;) at least most of them wore clothes that fit their shape. I gotta give them that.

Dudes...you a-ight. SOME of you were dancing...most of you were at the bar....shame, shame shame.

Photo: Dudes on the perimeter as usual...

So my thoughts on Prestige was that it was THE place to be at for your pre-4th of July Celebration in Boston, and another somewhat - classy :), fun, night courtesy of the Boston's Promo Kings. But, the crazy line was a blessing and a curse, the sweltering Room 1, the non-existent drink special, and fashion show put this party at a solid B

Stay Fab! :)