Friday, June 20, 2008

Recap: The Socialite Party | Stix


After the Hennessey Party at Blue Wave, your girl kept it going and headed out to Stix (35 Stanhope Street, Back Bay) for the launch of the weekly Thursday Socialite Party.

When I arrived around 10:30 you could see the shift in the crowd, older people who had come earlier, maybe around 7 p.m. to do the networking thing were leaving and the
I-still-gots-to-get-my-party-on people were showing up.

Boston Fab! Gals posing with party friends (I see you Maaaanny...:)
Photo by Bobbyshakes.com

The crowd was a lot of the same people from the Blue Wave, but also some newcomers, and ladies...this time the ratio was on point! Yes, there are men in Boston, you just gotta use the key word of "networking" - add free liquor to the mix (preferably cognac) and you're SET!

The Grand Marnier was indeed free and served by the Dixie cup in the lounge downstairs. :)
I didn't really complain 'cuz I was straight after the Hennessey party. ;) But I know some people were irritated 'cuz unfortunately there was only one bartender working downstairs, making the freebies slow to be served and hard to come by.

The man he did his best. They really gotta help dude out, tho'.

I also noticed, that there were a lot of photographers at this event, I noted like 2 professonal ones, not to mention the candids by J. Francois and K. Pritty - Ummmm y'all better EDIT and DELETE some of those photos - as my friend Niki says, "Not all photos are for Facebook".

Promoters K. Pritty, Liz (E1 Live! Entertainment), Stephen A.
Photo by Bobbyshakes.com

I gotta say, with 4 other events in competition, the turnout was good and people really did utilize the time create new connections, pass around business cards and make those deals!

There wasn't a lot of dancing, tho, The DJ was doin' his thing...but, but I don't think most of us were ready to get down like that on a Thursday, at lease I wasn't. I had to call it a night 'round 1 a.m. and I am still feeling it today!

Boston's Promo Kings, J. Francois and K. Pritty
Photo by Bobbyshakes.com

So yes, Boston's Promo Kings have done it again, making Thursday night a good night to come out, be seen, and mingle with no hassles.
The atmosphere is great for networking, so if you are new to the area and looking to make some connects, bring your business cards and your winning personality and head on out :)

They still could use some work at the bar, but it was certainly MUCH better than the last time I came thru.

I give this debut event an

B+/A-

I may not be able to make it out every week, but I certainly will pass through again. :)