Friday, June 20, 2008

Recap: The Art of Mixing | Free Hennessey | Blue Wave


Man I had a tough time finding a parking space close to the Blue Wave!! (343 Congress St, Harbor side) Most of the parking in the area is resident only, so don't be fooled when you see an empty space! I ended up paying $10 to park in the lot next door, but other people parked near South Station and walked over. I gotta remember that for next time.

I got in a short line and of course, my name was not on the list even though I RSVP'd AND got a confirmation. I get that technology is fallible, but this happens to me EVERY TIME! Fortunatley it wasn't a problem, the women at the door asked who I had heard about the party from and that was good enough to be let in.

Once arrived I saw Hennessey stations...so...okay let me start off by saying...I was wrong. This was NOT a Dixie cup event...they were straight pouring glasses of Hennessey. My man Malcolm, did protest that he was not able to get just Hennessey by itself and had to mix it with something. But nobody else seemed to mind. :)

Photo: Hennessey by the glass and free apps!

They had two drinks available, The Hennessey Side Car and The Hennessey Ginger. The Side Car was borderline nasty. Which, again, I am not a fan of dark liquor (unless it's free!), but the lemon lime-ness of it all was just...well...ick!. I could chill with the Ginger though...had a coke aftertaste, but it was alright. You were able to mix it on your own at a bar station or pick one up as they passed them around.

Although the did not have passed hors d' oeuvres, they did have some great hors d' oeuvres on a table; cheese and fruit, a veggie platter, chicken wings, breaded chicken and I think, chicken skewers (what they tryin' to say?) lol! People got their grub on!

Photo: A dancers hired to get the party hype...yeah I guess they didn't get the memo :)

And yes, it was all free.

There was a DJ and he stuck with the old skool, but I guess that went with the Hennessey theme. There was a good showing of people, but the time of free flowing liquor and dancing was stopped promptly at 9:30.
No lie. The lights came on as soon as the big hand hit the 12.
I think the bartender even stopped mid-pour....j/k, but seriously it was ova!

Photo: The mostly male crowd, having a good time socializing

Must say, for my first time at the Blue Wave, this was a nice event. It lived up to what it said it would and people seemed to enjoy themselves.

Good lookin' out R.O.B. :)

*Big ups for BostonFab! Fan Chris! Thanks for reading and saying hey!