Saturday, June 14, 2008

Recap : DJ Geespin Birthday Party | Foundation Lounge

Thanks to Restless Entertainment (Shout out to Marlene!) - The Boston Fab! Team was invited to a by invitation only birthday bash for DJ Geespin of Jamn 94.5 at the Foundation Lounge (500 Commonwealth Ave, Fenway) with DJ Cypha of MTV on the discs.

I had RSVP'd with someone via phone, but surprisingly (okay - not really) our names were not on the list. The door woman felt like since we knew there was a party we were set to get in - works for me! And there were a few, but not many, people. We headed for the bar to get a drink and the bartender let me know that they were giving away free drinks in the back. Good lookin' out! ;)

Photo: Fab! Empire CFO Erika, Boston Fab! fan Jax

In the back lounge they were serving Kettle One vodka and we proceeded to get our "free drink" - a Dixie cup sized martini glass filled with Kettle One and cranberry juice. But hey, it was free so we stayed at the the table until they ran out of cups! Yup - we shut it down!

After our freebies we headed back to the main room to mix and mingle and the place was seriously packed. Though it's not too hard to pack this place out as it really is a lounge.

In the main room you come down some steps and there are couches all around and the bar is like 2 feet in front of you. In the second room there are couches and tables side by side almost on top of each other, but is a nice place to chill out from the main room. There is even an outdoor patio open for a breath of fresh air. The interior design is hot, and gives a comfy feel, so I would definitely come back for the ambiance, maybe for a drink after work. But as a for a club spot? Hmmm I'm not sold.

Photo: Boston Fab! Fan Jax and Boston Fab!

We stopped by the bar and for a real drink...and the line was long, but I have survived worse. I got my staple of course, and they friggin' messed it up with soda water, not tonic water... Geez...it's really so simple people. But Jax enjoyed her apple martini.

*Side note...At the bar this nice brotha with dreads let me go before him and I tried to buy him a drink in thanks, but he said he was straight. What is up with dudes not allowing a woman to buy them a drink?? I have tried on other occasions to do so, just to be nice, like if a guy let me go first in line, or took a bunch of pictures for me and my friends, and I have always been denied. I don't get it - but hey, I guess its the thought that counts.

Photo: The diverse crowd.

The crowd was more culturally mixed than class, from "B" hats to chicks in spandex dresses and stilettos, all were welcome - and most if not all, were very friendly. Me and my gals found our way to a 2 x 3 ft piece of dance floor and danced our hearts out in the middle of two VIP areas and they didn't seem to mind all. Thanks guys!

Photo: DJ Cypha droppin' dem beats.

Other than the bar fiasco I had a really good time. Cypha did a good job of switching the music up so we didn't get bored, and gave Boston a lil' of that NYC flava.

I'd do it again :)

Stay fab!