Monday, April 21, 2008

ReCap: The Good Life | Vintage Lounge

I rolled up to Broad Street around 10 and got a prime parking spot just outside of the Vintage Lounge (75 Broad St) When I walked up to the door I was greeted by the usually friendly staff, and immediately after I walked through the door someone came in to take my coat for free…nicccceeee.

My ears, though were a bit confused with techno blasting in one ear and smooth sounds of soul rifting through the other…guess which way I went?:) The small lounge area was wall to wall with beautiful people strewn on leather couches, listening to the sounds of Alonzo Harris and 6 fingers band - at least I think that was the name …there were only 3 of the band members there, but it was easy listening as I sipped on my Raspberry Cupcake Martini courtesy of the bartender Patrick.

(Fab! CFO Erika and BostonFab! Tiffany)

After his set the party started to pick up and me and my girls moved into the other room where fortunately the music had changed up. As I started to feel the rhythm I starte to get this strange feeling that something just wasn’t right – perhaps it was the swish swish of weave on my bare back or when Usher’s “I wanna make love in this club” came on I was surrounded by metallic skirts and waving manicured hands with no dude in sight– yes, my friends the ratio was waaaay off kilter - like 12 to 1 – no lie- I felt like I was in a friggin’ R&B music video watin' for somebody to make it rain. To make matters worse the dance floor was so tight you could barely move, let alone dance, so I got to perfect my two-step (lol).

DJ Select did play a better set as opposed to the techno and latin laden FLAUNT, but he still played a couple songs more than once and at one point the music stopped all together for a solid minute…now that may not seem like much time, but when you got a 1:40 a.m. cut off, every second counts.

I can’t lie though, of the brotha’s that were in there – all 15 of them – they were lookin’ good, and the women dag man!!! – I gotta step my game up ‘cuz they were seriously showing out…J. Francois and Mr. K.Pritty def’ bring the sexy ladies so fella’s last night you coulda had your pick.

(Promoters J. Francois, Sammy and K. Pritty)

I must say, I am proud that they consistently keep their events classy with no drama (at least in public) :) and at the end of the night I felt ushered out rather than hurded which was also a good look.

All in all it was a good production – ‘cuz at this point they can no longer be classified as just parties – they definitely got people to come out but…the male to female ratio put made it a chick fest - couple that with a serious lack of space - puts this party at a B+.

Keepin' it fab all day every day!

*Side note: A HUGE congrats/best wishes ;) to J. Francois!! Black love is oh-so-fabulous!