Saturday, April 26, 2008

Recap: Fabulosity | Felt



Felt (533 Washington St, Downtown Crossing) is one of my favorite chill spots in Boston, but for some reason it never really draws a crowd. Unfortunately Friday night's Fabulosity party was no exception.

The promoter Liz of E1Live! Entertainment had rented out the entire 3rd floor complete with five pool tables and bar access, but I didn't see more than fifteen people there at one time the entire night.

Part of the problem was that although the lounge feel of the party was great, we could tell that the "real" party was happening upstairs and unless you could get a wrist band, you weren't able to access that floor. Although Liz tried to get us wrist bands, I guess management wasn't cooperating, 'cuz they never materialized.
(3rd Floor Lounge of Felt photo credit: http://feltclubboston.com)

To make matters worse the drinks were n-a-s-t-y...I have not had worse round of drinks in my life. My girl Melissa ordered a ginger ale - I mean come on - how can you mess up a ginger ale? I guess our bartender did 'cuz she sent it back once and still got a ginger ice with no ale. My roomie Claudia took it back in the day with an amaretto sour...which had no sour. And I bravely tried Cosmopolitain that was made with grenadine not cranberry juice - it friggin' tasted like cough syrup. So...my suggestion for you is if you happen to go to Felt on a slow night, stick to basic drinks like rum and coke or maybe a gin and tonic...maybe it was just the bartender, but still...

But you know a party is definitely not poppin' when the promoter leaves before you do...yeah. So all in all Fabulousity was sooo unfab! - but it was free and I got to play a round of pool - the atmosphere was nice so my night wasn't horrible, but y'all who didn't make it - please don't feel like you missed out, 'cuz you sho nuff didn't.

I got to keep it real y'all...