Sunday, February 24, 2008

Recap: The Merger | Harvard Law Black Student Asoc. with AASU


Yes, you’re girl was on it- snow storm and all! (I am dedicated to the cause). I had a feeling that it was going to memorable…plus was not about to lose out on my pre-paid ticket.

We arrived early and headed for the nearest one of the 8 ( yes, I said 8) bars. The ballroom at the Marriott Cambrige was spacious, but they did a good job of encouraging people to mingle by strategically placing tall tables near the dance floor without chairs.

Though the bar was open they by no means skimped on the liquor. The apple martini my girl ordered almost knocked her out!


By 11:30 my intution proved to be right! This part was jumpin’! The atmosphere was consistently friendly. Whether you were dressed in jeans or shimmering sequins you were greeted warmly with a handshake, a nod, or if appropriate – booty tap – eh I ain’t mad atcha! We really showed out y’all - dancing the “soulja boy”, the “cha-cha slide”, “the electric slide” and even “stepped in the name of love”.

As the party ended I got the feeling that what I had experienced was not only a great party, but a celebration of who we are and in anticipation what our future lawyers, doctors, entrepreneurs and educators will become.
Thank you Harvard Law Black Student Association and Harvard Business School African American Student Union for a celebration of "us". And if y’all ivy's continue to work as hard as you “play” - you definitely are a force to be reckoned with. Can’t wait ‘til the next one!

As always - keep it fab!