Saturday, December 6, 2008

Recap: First First Fridays | News

Me and my Fab! Friend Michelle and BostonFab! Photographer Deniece decided to head out and celebrate my girl's Michelle promotion (yay!!) by livin' it up at First Fridays at NEWS (150 Kneeland Street)

BostonFab! congrats Fab! Friend Michelle!

I came out to the place really late, even though there was a higher cover charge $15. You could of gotten in for 5 bucks before 10:30, but who wants to head to the club at 10 p.m.? At any rate, I expected a line, but when I got through the doors the crowd was rather dismal. Apparently I had barely missed the lengthy speech by Newton Mayor candidate Setti Warren though from the crowd reaction I don't believe I missed much. There was a raffle so I saw a few patrons with goodie bags in their hands.

Salud!

We settled in to start our celebration with a round of shots that took forever-and-a-day to get to us. My girls got hungry and ordered some chicken wings that unfortunately needed to be drenched in barbecue sauce in order to be edible. Yuck.

The bar stayed slow all night regardless of the amount of people that stopped through. And for the most part the attendance was scarce - most leaving by 12:30. It seemed like everyone wanted to be anywhere, but there. The DJ...sorry, no salvaging the night there either. He stuck with slow jams of the 90's. If the purpose was getting people dancing, he more than certainly failed. Okay there was one guy who really felt like dancing -but he's a recent transplant from the ATL -nuf said...other than that the dance floor aka: a space a 5x6 area inbetween couches - was never touched.

Lone dancer

So I gotta say guys First Fridays was a bust. I mean it would have been one thing if they set it up as a lounge after-work cocktail mixer, but to sell it under the guise of First Fridays was a complete waste of everybody's time and money.

C- Unfab!

Fab!Girl Tip: No more parties at NEWS...it's a friggin' restaurant that doesn't cater to the party scene. Spend your money elsewhere and stop wasting our time. Thanks.