Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mini Recap: DJ Backspin's B-day Party | The Roxy

Saturday night I heard DJ Backspin was havin' his b-day party at The Roxy and I was like - bet I'll be there to show support. Now...when I told people about this party they were like - Tiff, The Roxy? You sure? I'm like -yeah what is the problem? - he's a great DJ, I've been there once for the John Legend thing last summer, it wasn't bad.

Nobody was convinced so I headed out solo, and was met by a bunch of hoops. (Hoop 1)- the roped off line - even when there was nobody in it - (Hoop 2) Body guards who didn't check ID's just looked you up and down - (Hoop 3) The Guy who just checked your ID - (Hoop 4) to the 1st admission person - who didn't have the Guest List just took Admission (Hoop 5) The Guest List person who took your name and gave you a ticket - by the way the guest list was closed so I had to pay $15 bucks to get in - (Hoop 6) The person who took your ticket. (Hoop 7) the person who looked through your bag - and the optional (Hoop 8) Coat Check.

After inside I realized that this was going to be a Night at the Roxbury rather than the Night at the Roxy - the crowd was not AT ALL what I expected...and the music - I guess on the flyer somebody omitted the - glowsticks and pacifier are strongly encouraged.

I did find the birthday boy with his crew looking mad outta place in the corner. Some people were trying to get into it, swaying back and forth, or throwing 'em back hard enough so that it didn't matter - but you didn't see any of them on the dance floor, though it was packed.

I shot the birthday boy a Happy Birthday greeting and called this night a wrap. Can't say if it got better (I arrive around 12:00). But I didn't have it in me to find out.

Sincerest apologies to those who went at my somewhat suggestion - my serious bad.

*Fab! Girl Tip: Let's take a moment to clarify the difference between A Club Birthday Party and a I Got A Table at a Club Birthday Party - A Club Birthday Party - which is the only kind you should ever make flyers for or announce publicly - is party that is FOR you and ONLY you - when you have entire control of the club and something invested in who comes in and who goes out. A I Got a Table at a Club Birthday Party is when you send out an e-vite to your bestest and closest friends, wil' out and have a good time. If I'm you're best friend I'll hang with ya nomatta what...if I'm a paying customer - um Ima need you to do better. Thanks.

Don't confuse the two and you'll stay fab!