Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mini Recap: Friday Night

Okay y'all so I tried....I really tried, but the weather did end up getting to me :( But I did make out on Friday to OM (92 Winthrop St, Harvard Square, Cambridge) - I love this place! And it was PACKED! The crowd ended up being evenly mixed international, as well as the guys to gals ratio...cutie DJ Eight-2 - I gotta say this guy is like the calmest DJ on the planet...it's like he goes into Zen mode when he's spinning - did a great job of catering to this eclectic audience. Even the staff was getting in on the action!

Only draw backs would be the bars; the drinks were weak and the service was slow (though I have endured worse) and there are not enough bathroom stalls - Somebody - I'm not mentioning any names or acronyms ;) - used the women's bathroom instead of waiting for the men's when I was next in line -uh- manners, thanks!) But I did have a great time dancing and minglin'. Def. A.

I also got a chance to have a chat with the Socialite/Community Activist Chip Greenridge and Herby of Poetic Escape. Chip let me in on how the Greatest Minds has a meeting with Mayor Menino to discuss the possibility of funding the creation of proposals for 5 new urban establishments (2 on Blue Hill Ave) in Boston as well as strategize the appropriate way to do "let-outs" and having more police cooperation. You heard it on BostonFab! first! This is one meeting you will NOT want to miss! Details forthcoming! He and Herby also spent time at the Hyatt for Nu Soul and reported that it was well attended and said Black Ice had an outstanding performance.

My sources also say that MJ's bash at Vintage was packed as well and was a good time - drinks were expensive, but that's a given.

Look out Thursday! Looks like Friday is taking its territory back!

Stay Fab! :)

*Wanna share where you were at this weekend? Drop a comment in the box below!!