Sunday, June 29, 2008

Recap: Absolute Liz | Blue Wave


Party girl that I am it is rare that you find me out on a Sunday, unless there is a holiday that is, but...I had to go out and support female promoter Liz from E1 Live! Entertainment and her Absolute Liz birthday party and fundraiser for Papa's Piggybank.

When I walked up I found the red carpet was in place and Liz was there to take pictures with her guests as they arrived. So very cute! When you got inside you got a receipt for your payment - claim in on your taxes if you want - and they gave you a drink ticket for Midori. Niiiccceee. You were encouraged to sign the guest book and one of the many posters along the walls and leave a birthday message.

Photo: Boston Fab Fan Jax and me Boston Fab!

I arrived mad early, 10:30ish and there the hors d' oeuvres were already on the table, chicken wings, veggie platters and cake. We stopped by the bar to pick up our free drink and then I remembered how much I dislike Midori. It is so sweet! Hey - but that's no fault of Liz's of course...I still drank it - hey - It was still free!

The place was relatively empty until around quarter to 12. Dag Boston...you still treat a Sunday like a club night? Once the crowd showed up the ratio was pretty good, and DJ Chubby Chub was hittin' us with some serious old skool and funk in the beginning then picked up the tempo once it got more crowded.



Photo: People actin' like they didn't have to work in the morning

I was a bit disappointed with the people who decided not to adhere to the dress code, though I must say most people did. Sometimes a bit too much. (Uh dude with the red vest) lol...but seriously I mean this was probably the easiest dress code to follow, red, black, white...whatevs, I'm over it. But Liz looked like she was having a good time, though still ever the hostess, posing for pictures and making sure everybody was taken care of.

Photo: Boston Fab! Fans... Greg aka: Greg-Ray aka: Nice Dude with the Dreds... in the middle...

I didn't do much dancing myself, but others were having a good ol' time twerkin' and jerkin' and it seemed like the party had just started when I was heading out the door around 1:30. Some of us have to work in the morning okay?

I'm glad I came out and once again Happy Birthday Liz!