Monday, May 26, 2008

Recap: The White Party | District Lounge

After almost losing my life trying to find a parking spot, I got in line at District Lounge (180 Lincoln St, Financial District) around 10:30 p.m. Yes, I know that' s kinda early but I knew this party would get packed fast. There was already a short line and the ladies (and I use the term loosely at this point) in front of me were wilin' that they their friend was not admitted to the party due to the fact she was wearing maroon and black. Uh- did you forget that it's called "The WHITE Party"? But J. kept his usual calm and collect self, even when the head bob and snapping fingers came out. Way to keep it classy man. I had your back tho' had sumtin' went down. :)

(Photo: Boston Fab!, DC Fab! and Fab Empire CFO)

Inside the iPod was playing nice chill tunes and the crowd was looking nice. Black people, we look so good in white! You couldn't help but notice the TONS of females, but I think guys thought about how little white clothes they had in their closet and decided to go elsewhere. I can't blame 'em. I was in a mad panic trying to find something and did some serious alterations to my outfit to make it work...man. 

Anyways...the dudes (all 19 of them) were looking quite dapper. I could tell they got a little lacks on the dress code after a while, 'cuz some dudes were definitely in there with the multi-colors...but at least they tried to work on the ratio...tried being the operative word.

(Photo: Me and Boston Fab! fan Jax)

I stuck with the bar on the left for my well made vodka tonic. I really liked how the bartenders were also dressed in white. The two female bartenders that made my drinks were very courteous, acknowledged us when we came to the bar and they could make more than one drink at one time! Wow...I was truly thrilled ;)

The thing about a free party is that people are more likely to spend some serious money at the bar; random people got tables, buying drinks for people just because....niiiiicccee. I think that helped with the lack of a DJ. Still, whoever was responsible for the iPod selection did a good job with making the playlist, making sure that it started off slow and got hype towards the end of the night. I had myself a good ol' time dancing.

(Photo: The crowd having a good time)

As for the crowd, it was interesting, I mean, I understand it is REALLY hard to find something classy and white, so a lot of people wore short shorts (panties) and flowy summer dresses but like I said, I understand. 

I definitely felt the J. Francois, K.Pritty hustle is back and it paid off in a big way. The management was courteous, much more so than they have been in the past and the photographers were flashing away, giving people their time to shine. I had a good time and it certainly looked like everyone else did too so I give this party an A-

*the minus is for the ratio and the iPod. :)


(Photo: Me and my dress)

*Hey guys...maybe next time instead of all white, can we switch it up with a pattern;  maybe checkers, stripes perhaps a nice paisley? Think about it :) lol!