Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Recap: Feel The Vibe Saturday | Blue Wave

Fabulously submitted by
Boston Fab! Correspondent A-Marie

After a brief stint at Z Square last Saturday, I headed over to The Blue Wave (343 Congress Street, Downtown) for Feel the Vibe Saturdays. Shortly after midnight, there wasn't a line...and the ever-helpful bouncer suggested a great parking spot! You get major cool points for the tip man!

At first, I was concerned. No line = nobody inside, but they assured me at coat check that the crowd was cool. My girl and I reluctantly paid the $15 cover thinkin' this better be good.

Inside, I have to admit that The Wave wasn’t as packed as it usually gets. Some people were dressed very casual while others took the time to get their hair fried, dyed and laid to the side! There were even a few people rocking tuxedos and ball gowns from a wedding that happened earlier in the day.

(Photo: Boston Fab! Correspondent A-Marie and Boston Fab! fan Monique)

Still, the bar was jam packed! Amanda, a bartender, whipped us up something fun, a Malibu Martini, which was a fairly priced $10. It was kind of on the sweet side but soooo goooood! She could not only make a great concoction but she also could handle herself well when it came to helping out the she-had- a-few-too-many-drinks-girl next to me. Ugh.

The best part of the night was the music by far. DJ Eight-2 did his thing! The minute I hit the dance floor my roller set was done! LOL.

(Photo: Blue Wave party-goers feeling that DJ Eight-2)

The Blue Wave will always remain a staple on the club scene in Boston. My man Rob definitely knows how to throw a party!

(Photo: Boston Fab! fan Monique with promoter Rob)

*Inside Scoop* I hear Rob's starting a new event at Privus Lounge called Sophisticate Fridays. The grand opening is this Friday, May 30th!

Check back on BostonFab! for more details!