Sunday, April 6, 2008

Recap: FLAUNT Your Style at Umbria!

Too bad if you didn't make J. Francois, K. Pritty & Blu Mist Entertainment's "Flaunt Your Style" party at Umbria because you definitely missed out.

Since me and my friend Jax had pre-paid tickets, we got to skip the line and go right in…nice! Up this very long staircase was a very chill lounge area with leather couches and smooth sounds that beckoned you to the small dance floor. And my-oh-my did the people look good; everyone was wearing suits and party dresses. I was so proud of Boston!


( BostonFab! Girls and Ms. L)

They did have a coat check for only $1, which was great! But at the end of the night…you got what you paid for. It took me over a half an hour to get my coat and the line was pretty rowdy at the end of the night. Not a good look. Next time stash your coat somewhere…it is not worth it!


And OMG, why was the bartender soooooo sssslooooowwww?? For some reason, she could only make two drinks at a time – maybe she has short term memory issues. Still, drinks were reasonably priced at $9.

The dance floor was upstairs, where the music selection was quite strange. DJ Select was heavy on the Latin and techno?? Yup, I said techo. And he kept shouting out 'the sexy ladies'!…alright already! Yes we KNOW we’re sexy…please continue your regularly scheduled DJing. Either he didn't understand his audience or he had a few too many drinks in VIP.
(Photo: The ultra fab! crowd in Umbria)

And oh yea, what happened to the fashion show? If it happened I never saw it... I can’t stand false advertising!!!

Still kudos because I loved the ambiance of Umbria. The lounge area is really great for intimate conversations and sitting down when your feet started hurting from those stilletos. The bouncers – until the coat check incident – were very professional and cordial to the patrons. But the real highlight of the night was the crowd. Everyone really showed out and looked good doing it. People were friendly and made some real connections not just hook ups – tho’ I aint mad atcha if you did the latter!

All in all I give this party a A- because it really missed the mark on some critical elements.

(Photo: BostonFab! and the some fab Boston gals)


Can’t wait 'til the next one!!!