Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recap | Vintage Lounge

When I arrived at Vintage Lounge I was greeted by two incredibly friendly doormen who were apologetic when my name was not on the list (I had RSVP’d twice). The cover was only $10 so I wasn’t too upset...but still. Let's get it together. Once I got in I was greeted by Mistrie who had recognized me from my profile on Going.com – (he isn't a fan of people knowing his real name) - when I told him about the door situation he offered to buy me a drink to make up for it, drinks were $14...so I ended up ahead of the game.


Complete with dimmed lighting for an intimate affect and full length windows that surround the two l-shaped bars; the lounge has a very chill vibe.  Unfortunately there wasn't a large crowd, but it was mixed...from frat boys to the YBP.




One drawback was the dueling DJ’s. They had one DJ in the dance area - where no one was - and another in the bar area. There was only about 20 ft of space between the two so if you entered the bar area you got one ear full of Timbaland and another earful of Blink 182...kinda pointless.


My friend Jax and I were offered a seat at the bar and struck up a conversation with the bartender Patrick who made us his signature drink “The Raspberry Cupcake”…I don’t know the exact ingredients, but it had raspberry Stoli and graham cracker crumbs around the rim of a tall martini glass with a fresh raspberry and mint garnish. The drink tasted like a real frosted raspberry cupcake…YUMMY! So when you stop by ask for Patrick and get his drink - tell him Tiffany sent you :)




The rest of their drink menu selection is incredibly good as well. Jax tried their Key Lime Pie Martini and her glass was full of frothy ribbons of lime meringue goodness.

I give Vintage Lounge an A+ for the chill atmosphere, the friendly staff (I have not met a staff more accommodating anywhere else in Boston), and a sinfully good drink selection. I will most definitely hit up another Mistrie event there!