Tuesday, February 19, 2008

President's Weekend Re-Cap

So you're girl was all about the promoters J. Francois and K. Pritty this weekend. Saturday night I was at Z-Square and surprisingly the crowd was sparse - I had pull a "phone a friend" to make sure it wasn't just me. It was after 11:30 so I ended up paying the $20 coverand then was forced to - I mean - listened to up and coming artist Erin Daneelle - now the girl has pretty decent pipes, but I don't think the crowd was feeling the jazzy vibe. Maybe this kind of atmosphere would be better suited for an after-work night not a 3-day-I-ain't-gotta-work-so-I'm about-to-get-loose-weekend.


Her set ended around 12 and then D.J. Eight-2 hit the turntables with the Jamaican flava that lasted all night long - but not in a good way. Maybe this was the usual for the international crowd, but I woudl have prefered more of the mix. As for the crowd - the ladies ran the floor as corny dudes stood on the sidelines gawking like they were scurred or somethin'.

There were some freebies; Pama Liquor passed around free samples and T-shirts (very cute) and at the end of the night you were handed free copies of Erin Daneelle's 5 Song CD. (Errr-body know that girls name is Erin Danielle, not Danieele, but it's alright boo, get creative on us).


All in all it was it was a decent night, but definetly not one for the record books.