Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recap: Purple Reign at 360 Lounge

Saturday night E1! Live Entertainment threw the Purple Party (I wore a purple belt) at 360 Lounge (33 Batterymarch St., Downtown).


The line was a hassle as usual - dawg, it ain’t that serious. Not to mention a mandatory coat check…ooohkaaay? You had to be on the list (which I wasn’t ) for the $15 cover so we ended up paying $20.

Note: the flyer did not indicate that a list was required for the $15 cover, just that you had to show up before 12:30, which we did.

(Photo: Does his hat say Brown University - really???)

The MANDATORY coat check was an additional $3 (you call it mandatory and then make me pay?) Already agitated, we settled into the most ghetto un-fabulous night in downtown Boston history.

Now we know Boston has a highly educated hodgepodge of cultures and people, but at 360 Lounge, I felt like I had just got kicked off the bus in Ignorantville. The “classy attire” said to be worn was no where in sight, grills a plenty with dudes drinking White Zinfandel out of the bottle pretendin’ it’s Dom Perigon while their friends shot photos for their next album cover - droppin’ in stores Tuesday of NEVER....Wow.

Not that there were that many guys anyway; it was 75% pure... I ain't gonna say it, you be the judge.

(Photo: Oh yes she did boo!)

If you have “I’m So Hood” as your ring tone then this is the place for you – otherwise skip this weekly house party for something more fitting of your fabulosity .

Disclaimer: I ain't got NOTHING against the hood, I just ain't gonna pay $23 bucks for it - you feel me??